Monday 24 September 2012

Château Laroque Thomas Bordeaux Supérieur Red 2010

Our friends brought a bottle of this wine from France. It was simple delicious. It had soft tannins with a blackberry and blackcurrant flavour and the taste remained on the palate for a long time. The wine is from the right bank of the Garonne river and I suspect that it has a substantial quantity of Merlot in the blend. It went down really well with free range chicken followed by mature cheeses. This wine won a silver medal at a wine competition in Lyon. I can understand why, as it is a high quality product. You can find it in French supermarkets for around 6 euros a bottle. I would gladly pay 8 or 9 pounds for this wine in a British supermarket.

If only I could find excellent wines like this for about 5 pounds in Britain. I would be a very happy man. No wonder it won a prize.  2010 was a good year for Bordeaux red.

The next time that you are in France, I recommend that you buy a couple of bottles; one to drink now and the other to keep in a cool dark place for a few more years. I am sure that this wine will improve with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment