Friday 21 June 2013

2010 Antonin Guyon Savigny-lès-Beaune Les Goudelettes

We drank this wine with some friends in Paris last weekend for an aperitif and it was superb. 2010 was a good year in Burgundy and this wine reflects the both the good weather conditions and the terroir of  of the appellation. Domaine Antonin Guyon is an excellent producer.

This wine was well balanced and integrated and had the powerful flavours of red fruits - cherries and strawberries - typical of a fine red Burgundy. Its aroma was powerful and the concentrated and complex flavours lingered on the palate for a long time. The wine also had a subtle hint of cloves from the oak barrels. This wine will keep lot longer.

The Domaine produces 1er cru and grand cru reds and also a selection of white wines. This village wine easily has the quality of a 1er cru.

I researched it on a wine web site and the wine can be obtained in the UK ex-tax for £23 per bottle. I would gladly pay more; this is the best wine I have drunk for a long time.  I am glad to have such good friends who are happy to serve this wine to my wife and me.

It also confirms my opinion that France produces more top wines than any other country.

http://www.guyon-bourgogne.com/Les-vins/

No comments:

Post a Comment