Monday 6 January 2020

Dry January

Trend-setters are trying to convince wine drinkers not to drink alcohol for the whole of January. I shall not be doing this.

No alcohol passed my lips on New Year's eve or New Year's day.This was not out of any desire "to go on the wagon". I simply did not feel like drinking even though my wife had prepared some excellent food. Usually, I enjoy a glass of wine with good food and I shall continue to do so.

If ever I felt the need to give up alcohol for a month because I was drinking too much then I would give up permanently. I like a glass of wine with my food so much that I shall ensure that alcohol will never damage my health. This means that for 2 or 3 days a week I drink no alcohol at all and for the remaining 4 days I moderate my drinking. Yesterday, at a birthday party I went a bit over the top for a change but I woke up with a clear head and conscience and no feelings of guilt as I was not drunk.

I shall ignore trend-setters and well being experts and the blandishments of the National Health Service. I shall make may own decisions about how much I drink.

I do not need multi-juices to clear my system; a couple of glasses of water will do the trick and it's much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment